Restless #14

"These are just longings, and for a girl of my age I have reconciled to believing that these are all I have to live with." , she said as though the walls in her room were breathing souls who would respond to her as she carved the scrapes off her soul.
"I fear almost everything and this fear I reckon is holding me back from having a chance at life..... But  I could never have 'the chance at life' you see! Huh?", now speaking to the reflection as she uttered the last few words.
"No, I won't. Because wonderful things happen to wonderful people with wonderful fate. For me everything has always been a screwed up mess and though I wanted too bad not to become one, but look at me. I did.
I am lazy at taking risks, there are zero opportunities, circumstances have rusted my brain and its skill and I feel partly numb because... Well I wake up, see things not changing, see my efforts burn in ashes and so I figured no use in even trying. Therefore I wake up, shut in the fantasies of my own and sleep with them.
My naive self has come in terms to living in dreams... more than living my own, cursed, good for nothing life!!", she broke into sobs just then and cried herself to sleep, to the world more dear to her than her life.





P.S The usual.

Comments

  1. What fear is holding you back from having a chance at life? I will listen. About the dream, I just remembered 2 quotes from Dr. Abdul Kalam. You have to dream before your dreams can come true. Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended. Therefore, it is always good to dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. IT is just a post, story, random :)

      Delete
  2. Shake it off, take a walk and clear your head, treat yourself to an icecream cone.. Too much negativity, love... Its going to take you down. So shake it off, and start afresh :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts