MISUNDERSTOOD!!!!!!




There is not only bullying that kids face in school by some other overly arrogant and evil kids, but I feel denial and rejection is a kind of bullying too. If you want to drive a person crazy, make them feel that they are wrong, whenever they speak always laugh out loud at their opinion and point of view, tell them they are mentally unstable to participate in debates and discussions though they are a perfect candidate for it... Make them feel worthless and they will sink into depths of depression and mental stress, they actually will start acting like psychos!
Honestly.... Speaking of a personal experience.. This is what happened to me!
My story is an example, I myself am an example. If I call myself an extraordinary person it would be exaggerating perhaps in your opinion, but why shouldn't I consider myself other than ordinary when I was constantly reminded of how "unfit" I was... I did not belonged to any place I went or people I met so I was perhaps extraordinary... No, I am extraordinary indeed!!!
I will not pin point to my acquaintance outside, but imagine I was bullied 24/7 at home!! YES!!
I was usually a very peaceful, fun loving and jovial kind of a person since childhood. Enjoyed much attention because.. I do not know the answer of this because. I was always the one loved by all elders. May be because I never surpassed the limits and rules and kept to books and toys and cartoons only... Happily in my own world... I wasn't troublesome and my lack of interest in television shows other than cartoons made me quite innocent and yet the love for books made me quite knowledgeable! Then I crossed tenth grade and set an example for entire generation. I succeeded to be in toppers in the town, my parents were on cloud nine, I brought them honor and pride and it was my hard work so my name became example for all children in neighborhood and family. I do not know about neighborhood children, whether they disliked me or not but the hatred spread in my siblings. Strangely, as I know it now, it very much did. They were annoyed to know I was the star and thought "why her?". They never payed attention to my hard work but hated the fact that they were asked to look up at me for inspiration.. .They hated that!
I had no weak point they could hit on, till they discovered I felt too much.
So my brother plotted this monopoly against me. He started insulting me at home, despite how much my mother would ask him not to do so, he did more and more. They began with my looks and physique! I wasn't the skinny, "easily fallen for" kind of girl... I was badly out of shape and did not even realized it till my siblings started laughing at my potted belly and huge hips. I ignored at first. But it became a routine. Guided by my brother, all siblings laughed whenever they saw me... Imagine the torture? 11 12 15 years younger children laughing and comparing me to the other "hot" girls... This is where they succeeded striking, I was hurt at this constant insulting behaviors... I cried, being very honest and straight forward I cried and starved to get myself like "normal girls" as they said... Then when I overcame this inability or lacking in me, they found another point to mock at... I got depressed and isolated myself because whenever I went in front of my family members I was taunted and mocked and rejected and made fun off... Older than them and became their entertainment this became my nightmare so I isolated myself...
But that lead me to mental suffering more and more... Till I became slightly aware of my sibling's complexes and what was going on, and after harming myself a great deal, regained my self esteem, bits of which were left and kept quiet and made myself so busy... Meanwhile, somehow I always was praised and liked by people I met outside.. I was a hard worker and elders/ adults outside really appreciated it.
I kept quiet and ignored them all, when they made fun of my voice, my hair, my hands, my looks, my existence .. nothing worked this time... So they started making my speaking hell... Whenever I spoke, I was wronged, I was told I was out of my mind, that my opinion was absurd, that I was insane till it got on my nerves, I got rebelled and enraged and shouted at them when I was speaking logic and they were telling me I was wrong! I did not see what they were doing and they succeeded telling everyone I am a psycho. My mother called me a psycho, no one missed the chance of insulting and bullying me!
This environment ate all of me! I wasn't a bright student anymore. It took away my talents, I was living in depths of black hole, I found refuge in it knowing I wasn't welcome by anyone! I was so shattered... I was diagnosed with mental instability and stress... They wanted me to see a therapist... Therapist did a fine job bringing my confidence back. I couldn't get all of my confidence back just 25% of it or less but it was enough to let me believe that I am a free person, and it is not a sin to have my own opinion, and that he told me that my opinion and thoughts were not wrong, they were very genuine and very innocent. This word innocent reminded me of my childhood. I was innocent indeed that my own brothers and sisters took revenge on me out of jealousy. What they gained after ruining me? I do not know.
Therapist John is the only person I talk to now! He has made me trust books again and even paper and pen. I trust the journal he gave to me, so I write my thoughts and feelings in them... If I recognize what is going on in my mind, I write it... Somehow the journal makes me feel welcome and I like to search myself to pour out what is inside me! It helps me feel better and less stressed. They all come to see me sometimes, in my apartment... I do not have a voice to speak when they are around, I take my pills and doze off so I wouldn't see them. I live alone in apartment with a woman who says she's my grandmother. I do not remember. I cannot trust her so I just keep quiet. But she never eats without me and I have seen some tears in her eyes when she spoke on phone the other day when caller asked how was I doing...

I have made two friends in what seems ages... Dr. John (or therapist John) and the Journal. Dr. John says I am like this very special person to him and that next week he is taking to me to see fire works in park. I am not excited about so many people and being outside but he has promised that if I feel uncomfortable or scared, I can hold his hand!




Comments

  1. No one can hurt you unless you allow them to. Remember this, and you'll be able to frustrate whoever that is trying to taunt you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts