Occupied

Hmm... it wasn't a very bright morning. I was delighted by the fact that it was still quite cold outside, enough to wear a warm and cozy sweater and have a nice, hot cup of coffee. Though I did not have time for even making myself a good, simple breakfast. My clothes were pressed, after long I actually ironed my outfit before going to bed last night so I wouldn't panic or rush in the morning.
I was feeling fresh and I was feeling a bit lost. That is how I am. Nature attracts me a lot and I forget everything and silently observe the weather and after all winters are all about silence and meditating.
So, I rushed into the bathroom to change and get fresh, feeling 'unusually' calm and peaceful. Strange...
All the way to work, I kept seeing faces, advertisements boards, more faces. Some impatiently waiting for their transport, some rubbing their hands to get them warm etc etc
But everything apart I just was feeling too much warm inside, too much at ease to notice anything not normal, not usual, anything disturbing or anything not-good!
I went inside the place, I greeted people I know, as usual stayed unaware of those whom I do not want to know and naturally observed the remaining people passing by. So many faces to read, so many people to observe, so many thoughts and that weather to fall in love again!
Until of course............. I met the gaze! For seconds.
A profound eye contact and the magnificence and intensity of those eyes had me drained. Then and there. The unusual mood, the feeling suddenly vanished as if it weren't anything non-volatile and couldn't stay or persist.
The rest of the day was quite normal, quite 'usual'. I was thinking..... about YOU all the time!



Comments

  1. Wonderful expressions!
    winter sure is a time for silent meditations and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like winters too.. Somehow they give the hope that the weather would swing to joy soon.. sometimes I feel such different when I should be feeling down (judgemental!) .. Yes, the faces in the crowd are an interesting sight to watch. they give 1000s of expression and have millions of unspoken stories..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I love about winters. There are so many feelings related to it and somehow it won't let you feel down, it may take you to moments of silence but even in that one is learning and healing.
      :)

      Delete
  3. Winter! I feel cold. Even though, I try to enjoy them.
    Reading people and their faces is like my daily job while I travel from home to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winters are my favourite part of the year. I was the meditating type too but this time around, the only thing on my mind is the numbing sensation from my frozen toes and fingers, despite the fact that I'm wearing 5 layers of clothes to keep the bitter cold outside. But, not working. "brr*

    And I understand that feeling of being overpowered by something as simple and short-lived as the eye-contact. Beautiful and engaging word play. Loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again we are the same, socializing with those we know and paying no heed to those we don't.
    It would be wonderful though, if such perfect days remained perfect and out of ordinary. If only.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the place where u went was not the classroom :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaa wese it was just a story :P
      Honestly speaking, when I enter in class there is nothing I pay attention to other than lecturer and whatever they are saying. Two factors, nobody is worth noticing :P second studies are too tough :$

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts