Just a Thought :)

What I don't understand is politics and diplomacy. What people earn out of being who they are not and how is it beneficial to ruin or strike on others?
One norm being followed and been quite a fashion and everyone seems to be aboard in the band wagon.

SIGHS

I'll be honest. That is how my post are isn't it? But if it my sound too blunt then be it.

So, after college I never really made friends. I never found that pure hearts I am used to surrounding myself with. This was a very simple choice to make. I realized my biggest mistake so far has been seeing things the way they really are and then exactly expressing my feelings about them. Mostly of course, not related to what others might accept or expect.  But then, are we there/here/or anywhere to please each other? Speaking exactly what others want to hear?  I am not 'wise' enough nor I am that 'generous' to satisfy others according to their demands.

Funny thing is, I am satisfied. In my shoes, I am comfortable. And unlike the way I was at the beginning of the scenario, I am quite busy in my own world now, with my friends and I live accordingly. Every other day is different, every other day is challenging but then I am loving the way it is.
Believe me it took some great efforts, not of mine alone, to bring alive the dead me.
I was potentially poisoning my existence until I realized what I was doing.

The point of sharing all this is last night I talked to one of my best friend from school who got married and she actually talked of everything. Comparing the 'then and now' she made me think of many things. I wish to write more on this. But I restricted myself to events concerning me only. It has been one journey. Like evolving, going to and fro between satisfaction and restlessness, the way I was repelled by the thought of creating a sculpture to be marvelled. There were many whom I owe big time.

Greatest of all the comments I remember I am sharing this one.

 " I always wanted a daughter like you. Don't hurt yourself thinking you are 'you' and questioning that. It is going to wound my dreams and my wishes. "

Especial thanks to,
My best friends A, B, H, A.



Comments

  1. such a lovely post.you're masha'Allah so lucky to have a friend who can make you understand and see things about yourself and your life.
    have a cheerful life ahead :)
    P.s: that comment you've mentioned,it's the sweetest one i've ever read/heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. touchy memoirs..could relate to it..life isn't about accepting what we like..equally imp is rejecting what we don't...it's our life and we must live it our way! those who don't realize it a bit too late,when the prime has got past them..throwing away falsifying expectations,the artificial us is the best way..live light,live happy...strive for what one wants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Post!
    You are Masha'Allah a talented writer and should write columns in leading newspapers.
    The world is selfish and mean, they just want their work to be completed on time by any mean, not keeping in mind what the other person want from them at any stage of life. =(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts